Welcome to THE DOT Online Learning Program. This platform was developed as an alternative to the regular trainings conducted by the DOT to give the tourism stakeholders the opportunity to gain knowledge and insights during the ECQ and post COVID-19 situation.
Please use working email address to register to BUSINESS SUSTAINABILITY: HOW TO GENERATE BUSINESS IDEAS DURING THE QUARANTINE PERIOD ON AUGUST 18, 19 AND 20, 2020, 12:00NN – 2:00PM
This online course discusses how to generate new business ideas by looking into various opportunities in tourism and hospitality product development. It tackles what participants need to do in order to avoid possible business failures. This course is also an opportunity for trainees to understand the characteristics of an entrepreneurial activity, how to overcome the fears that prevent them from starting businesses, and the significant questions to ask to compare the different business opportunities they have. Lastly, there will be an online workshop on creating and shaping a business idea into a viable entrepreneurial
opportunity under the ‘new normal’.
Specifically, this course aims to:
1. Explore different opportunities where tourism and hospitality business ideas originate
2. Analyze the characteristics of an innovative entrepreneurial activity
3. Reinvent current business by developing creative ideas in response to the ‘new normal’
Targeted participants are start-up entrepreneurs, existing business owners, individuals with past business experience, hospitality product developers, sales managers, strategic planners, business development managers, small tourism business operators, and other interested parties related to tourism businesses.
Module 1: Generating New Business Ideas
– Various Opportunities where Business Ideas Originate
– Strategies for Spotting New Business Opportunities
– What to Avoid so your Business will not Fail
Module 2: Determining whether you are Right for the Business you have Chosen
– Characteristics of an Entrepreneurial Activity: Innovation, Production, Risk taking
– Overcoming the Fears that prevent People from Starting Businesses: Money, Security, Competition, Lack of ideas
– Questions to Ask to Compare Different Business Opportunities
Module 3: Online Workshop: Reinventing Your Current Business by Developing Creative Ideas
– Creating and Shaping an idea into a Viable Business Opportunity
– Needed Things to Translate the Business Opportunity into an Actual Business
– Financing a Business and Deal with Potential Investors
HOW TO REGISTER?
1. You can use any device such as desktop, laptops, tablet and smartphones.
2. Fill-up the online registration form through the following link
3. Once registered, Zoom meeting ID and password will be sent to your registered email. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
4. Install the Zoom app to your android, iDevice, desktop or laptop and Click “Join Meeting” and key in the meeting ID.
Naga City, Camarines Sur
Masbate City, Masbate
Taysan, Legazpi City, Albay
Sorsogon City, Sorsogon