The training module is envisioned to help raise awareness on ecological and importance of visitor’s capacity, visitor management and safety protocol in the time of Pandemic. Through this module, we hope to contribute to ecological preservation, promotion and capability building initiatives that will boost the Regions’s campaign to promote local natural tourism sites in safe and secured way among local tourist. The Local Government can adopt transparent and inclusive governance models through conducive policy environment for human capital development, including strategies on how social care and protection can be provided especially in the time of Pandemic like Covid 19. Policies should address inclusive issues, encourage entrepreneurship and ensure better livelihood opportunities for people in the communities.
1. To promote the importance of protecting both, nature/environment and our tourism frontlines in the LGU and destination managers;
2. To highlight the responsibilities that goes hand in hand with nature;
3. To strengthen ties with our tourism front liners in the Local Government Unit and destination managers; and
4. Adopt a policy/guidelines for all natural sites and front liners from Local Government/Provincial or Municipal initiatives
5. To disseminate awareness on safety and security for our local tourist.
Targeted participants are tourism officers, strategic planners, ecotourism site managers, and tourism stakeholders and other interested parties related to tourism businesses.
TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED:
First Part: (Day 1)
I. Carrying Capacity in the time of Covid
• Ideal number of visitor
• How to determine Carrying Capacity?
II. Protection and Management
• Land based activity
• Rock Climbing and Rappelling
• Water based Activity
• Water Sources
III. Local Benefit
IV. What we can do to help?
Second Part: (Day 2)
I. Sustainable Tourism
• Sustainable Tourism: Product Development
• Sustainable Tourism: Concept and Trends
HOW TO REGISTER?
1. You can use any device such as desktop, laptops, tablet and smartphones.
3. Once registered, Zoom meeting ID and password will be sent to your registered email. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Limited slots only.
4. Install the Zoom app to your android, iDevice, desktop or laptop and Click “Join Meeting” and key in the meeting ID.
Naga City, Camarines Sur
Masbate City, Masbate
Taysan, Legazpi City, Albay
Sorsogon City, Sorsogon